Privacy & Cookies
Who we are
This website is run by and for the benefit of the Parish Church of St Michael the Archangel, Shalfleet (“Shalfleet Church” or “the Church”), and its associated charity, the Shalfleet Church Fabric Trust, charity registration number 1072825 (“the Fabric Trust”).
What we collect
We may collect the following information from visitors to this site:
- Contact information including email address
- IP address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, membership of the Electoral Roll, etc.
- Information regarding what pages you visit on this website and when
What we do with the information we gathe
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and
in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to queries you make on this website or via emails sent to gro.h1560848922cruhc1560848922teelf1560848922lahs@1560848922ofni1560848922
- Internal record keeping, including membership of the Electoral Roll, choir, flower rota, etc.
- To improve the services we offer to those living near, or offering support to, Shalfleet Church or the Fabric Trust.
- To send newsletters and emails about services in the church, events in the parish, competitions or prize draws we are running, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to inform you about any fundraising activities being organised to benefit the Church or the Fabric Trust.
We believe that all of these purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in running and promoting the best interests of the Church and the Fabric Trust.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to the needs of those using it. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How we contact you
We use Mailchimp to send out emails to those registered with this website. Mailchimp is a data processor for the purposes of the GDPR regulations. For details of how Mailchimp is committed to complying with the GDPR regulations, see https://mailchimp.com/help/about-the-general-data-protection-regulation/
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
You may choose to verify or remove your personal information at any time by writing to us or emailing us at gro.h1560848922cruhc1560848922teelf1560848922lahs@1560848922ofni1560848922
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Churchwarden, Shalfleet Church, Shalfleet, PO30 4NF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/)